(Last modified: February 7, 2017)
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your interactions with the Services; and/or
- about the device you use to access the Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us.
- automatically as you interact with or otherwise use the Services (including usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies).
- from third parties, for example, (i) game platform providers, (iii) our service providers that furnish us with analytical information on users of the Services and (iii) social networking sites or services (such as Facebook, Twitter, and other social media providers) through which you may interact with the Services.
- Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through the Services may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information you may provide through any “contact us” or “careers” page on our Site. We also may ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Services.
- records and copies of your email, text and electronic communications, if you contact us.
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Please note that any suggestions, feedback or other information that you provide to us relating to our business, the Services or our other products, services and offerings (whether current or proposed) are provided to us on a non-confidential basis, and you grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, fully transferable and sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use and otherwise exploit such information (including any and all intellectual property rights with respect thereto) without restriction of any kind.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you interact with or otherwise use the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your interactions with our Services (such as traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use).
The information we collect automatically does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to provide and improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- analyze and monitor the use, relevancy and functionality of the Services.
- recognize you when you return to the Services.
Some of the technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information through our automated data collection technologies, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
- Information Provided to Us by Third Parties
- How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us through your access to and use of the Services, including any personal information:
- to operate and provide the Services.
- to develop and improve the Services and our other products and services.
- to communicate with you, and provide additional information that may be of interest to you, about us (including the Services and our other products and services).
- to provide you with other information, products or services that you request from us.
- to conduct our administrative and internal business operations.
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- to comply with our obligations, as determined by us in good faith, under applicable law.
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may use your information to communicate with you (including via email, text or other electronic communications) about products, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information for such promotional purposes, please see Section 5 (Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information) below.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Without limitation of the foregoing, we may disclose information relating to the performance, sales, downloads and installations of our video games on or with gaming platforms, hardware or software to gaming platforms and/or gaming hardware or software providers without restriction, as long as such information does not include your personal information.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- to our contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by applicable law and/or contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about users of the Services is among the assets transferred.
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- with your consent.
We also may disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products, services or other offerings, you can opt-out by (i) following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the communication sent by us or (ii) sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days from the date you contact us. Please note that this opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a purchase, product service experience or other transaction.
- Social Networks. If you register with us via a third party social networking platform (e.g., Facebook, etc.), you may be able to manage the information you share with us and the interactivity between the Services and your social networking account by using privacy settings and other tools that may be provided by the social networking platform that you are using. By registering with us through a social networking platform, you grant to us the right to collect and use the information that you have made available to be shared with us.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can request that we correct or delete your personal information by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or cause the information to be incorrect. We will respond to your request within 30 days from the date you contact us.
- Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We will comply with our obligations (including any disclosure and notice obligations) under applicable U.S. law relating any breach of the security, confidentiality or integrity of your personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or stored by us, and we are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures with respect to our Services or systems.
- Service-Specific Privacy Terms
Your access to and use of certain of our Services may be subject to Service-specific terms and conditions (e.g., end user license agreements for our video games) which may contain additional provisions regarding our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing information that is collected by us, or provided by you to us, in connection with that particular Service.
- Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not directed toward or otherwise intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, do not use or provide any information to the Services or on or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13 years of age, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Contact Information